To all SCA UK Chapter members and interested parties,
Due to changing workloads and commitments, Fabio, our elected Communications Coordinator, has made the decision to resign his post, which leaves a significant gap to fill in the UK Chapter. Firstly let me thank Fabio for initially accepting the role and for the work that he completed in the time he was here and wish him all the best from the chapter.
Due to this change we are looking at the communications role, and how we can improve what we do within the chapter. As this is a vital role for us, we are also considering splitting it into two separate positions to manage this busy area of the SCA UK more effectively.
Duties - The basic outline of responsibilities for this role is detailed below:
- Manage Website – Continuously review and update the scauk.coffee website. This will be with updates from our competitions, events, and also from our National Coordinator, Events Coordinator and Education Coordinator as and when information is provided.
- Proactively promote our sponsor partners during each competition season.
- Attend all competition events to take pictures, post live social media updates, sponsor promotion and help where appropriate. If unable to attend an event, you will be responsible to enlist and brief someone else who can cover the above.
- Add, update and manage registration for competitions (via our Shopify website) and share competitor list with the committee.
- Ensure launch and detail of the launch of competitions are promoted by continual social media posts, highlighting; the event, the sponsors, the location, timings, etc.
- Create and release timely email newsletters and communications through the SCA UK Mailchimp system.
- Look for related events and features that the SCA UK can promote through its social media channels to develop and grow the community in the UK.
- Where necessary, liaise with external PR agencies to help promote the SCA UK Chapter.
- A can-do attitude.
- Creative and social media savvy.
- Experience with and access to design/photo software is useful.
- The ability to understand and balance the SCA UK’s commitment to both the UK coffee community and also our commercial sponsors.
- A supportive/understanding employer is also essential.
SCA UK Committee members generally devote a minimum of 10 to 20 days per competition year to the SCA UK duties; however, in this case, this may be split between two roles.
We will, of course, guide the appointed candidate(s) through any systems that they are unfamiliar with, and as a committee, we will work together with any suggestions for improvement.
The thoughts of the two roles are to have one focused on the events and live side of the competitions and one focused on newsletters, website, event launch info, planned social media posts, etc. Primarily one more event-based and one more office/home-based.
If you are interested in being a part of the SCA UK Committee in this capacity, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you feel you could bring to the organisation.
As with all current roles within the SCA UK, this role is purely voluntary. The SCA UK will cover expenses where required, so the main commitment we need is time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
SCA UK National Coordinator